Monday, January 28, 2013

Creative Periods



I've got several projects in the works currently, including a beautiful apron and some dinner napkins.  There are other finished projects around the house: pairs of pajama pants, coasters, drawstring pouches, and smaller trinketry.  Finally all of these supplies that I have compiled can come into use.

 

I've literally had a month and a half to craft until my heart's content.  It was motivated by inexpensive Christmas gift giving and spurred on by excessive free time.  It has been perfect.  Now, as I finally start working again next week, I'm afraid I will miss the time I've had to do this.  I've really discovered a joy in sewing lately.  I enjoy the combining of fabrics, the series of patterns, and thinking methodically about procedure.  I can pass the time, or just set it down and do something else for a bit.



Perhaps it is a good thing that I haven't started making clothes yet.  I feel that will make the addiction complete.  I've been eyeing patterns and re-makes meticulously.  I have a feeling there will be a Pinterest board to come of it (see button up top).  But for now, I will think of a way to get rid of some coasters . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment