Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crafty Christmas in review


I opted for a very crafty, creative, and handmade Christmas for 2012.  What with all of our European living and the world not ending, I wasn't exactly in a position to go out and spend a lot of money on people.

What I did, however, was carefully set aside ideas and goals that I knew certain people would like and appreciate.  Upon return to the States and my craft supplies on December tenth, I began the craft frenzy!

The easiest, but most tedious, were Anthropologie inspired "Confetti Glasses" for my Mother.


I thought they turned out beautifully.

She also received Woodsy Twig Votive Holders.  I didn't get a picture of those because the Christmas deadline was upon me.  They went straight into the gift bag!

For my brother, a Wine Cork and Ribbon Wreath.  Also interspersed are silver jingle bells.


Corks, floral wire, and free reign to John's cordless drill!!!  This actually turned out much better than I thought and reconfirms the fact that on should never throw out wine corks.

Next year, money or not, I will repeat my rabid craft session just for the shear fun.  And the ability to add "hey, I made that" to the oohs and aahs of opening cool gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment