Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Herbed Quick Bread



So I made this delicious herbed quick bread, so named because it uses baking soda rather than yeast to leaven.  Therefore, it is "quicker."  But the thing is . . . I, uh, kinda lost the recipe.


And the worst part is that it wasn't even mine.  I have a ton of things where I just kinda eyeball it, but this was exact.  Pretty damn spot on actually.





I remember getting this recipe from a popular food blog, though now I cannot find it.  I just jotted it down on a post-it note.  I remember at some point during the Great Bleaching of 2011 thinking I wouldn't need it, I could just look it up again online.  So I tossed it.  Just like that.  Trash.     *hand on forehead*


And it was deliciously moist on the inside, with a great crust on the outside.  I even used a whole grain white flour instead so I wouldn't feel so bad about downing half a loaf of bread in one sitting.  I mean . . . nah, no denying it, I totally did.





Well, if any of you come across this recipe, please send it to me. 

And for the creator of the recipe and blogger of anonymity, I thank thee.  Because it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment