Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jalapeño Cheddar Bread



With colder weather comes my desire for comfort food.  And comfort food for me is soup and carbs,  Mmmmm, carbs..... 

For a few weeks now, I have been dropping heavy hints to a certain someone about a certain delicious bread he makes.  Well, actually, it didn't take much.  I just had to go buy more whole wheat flour and a few jalapeños.





Finding time to enjoy this bread has been the biggest issue.  I have been consistently putting in overtime hours at work, week after week.  Yay for holiday money! But nay for spending time with my man.  We joke about having parallel lives at this point.  Me off to work at 4:30 am to come home to him leaving for rehearsal.

sigh....




Plus, the speedy loss of October made me remember that I'm going to start grad school in January.  OMG, so close.  I realized that I hadn't set up my email account, hadn't registered for classes, hadn't verified my citizenship, hadn't taken the music diagnostic test, hadn't gotten an ID card....

To be in school again.   .   . what will that be like after a year off?  I've been so slack on the singing lately.  I have so much work ahead of me, yet I'm so glad I took that time off.

What I will be working on full force when I get back to singing will definitely be my Dvorak song cycle.  So beautiful and so much potential.  (And so much Czech to study.)

Oh, and my allergies have screwed me!  Apparently I have a ragweed allergy.  Why do I never see it coming?!  And my new state is one of the top offenders.  Great.  Congestion headaches are running rampant. 

Well, back to the bread, it was delicious!  So moist and flavorful.  However, due the aforementioned points in my life, I didn't get to enjoy as much as I perhaps should have.  After several days, some mold spots appeared and I was informed to eat it or toss it.  The last pieces are in the freezer now. 


When I asked for the recipe to post here, I was denied.  In jest, but also in feigned offense.  

Maybe I can coax it out of him. 

In the meantime I'll be finding new ways to incorporate this bread into my meals.  I'll have to slice some and take it to work... at the bakery... where we bake and sell tons of bread.... oh boy.  I'm in trouble.

1 comment: