Friday, October 11, 2013

Roasted Chicken Salad with Avocado and Blue Cheese


Don't act like you aren't drooling over this salad.


It all started with a roasted whole chicken when I was totally owning the kitchen yesterday. I had been putting off making waffles again because I was out of yeast, but a quick trip to the store found yeast and more. A fresh young chicken came home with me, and, shamefully, a box of whole wheat croissants. I cannot help that they are so good.
The multitasking that came out of that kitchen yesterday was austounding! This whole staycation from work thing is really suiting me... I love waffles... this kitchen smells amazing.
So, as for the chicken, it was seasoned only with Herb d' Provence and black pepper. Then it was sauteed in the bottom of our 8qt Staub, which is literally the best tool we own in the kitchen. We do so much with it. This browned skin beauty then goes directly into the oven with the lid on. 325 and several hours later, a lusciously moist bird comes out of the oven.
But this wasn't even the star of my salad. The perfectly ripened avocado was drizzled with a lemon and olive oil vinigrette. The blue cheese chunks brought out the tangy of the cherry tomatoes. And red leaf lettuce supports a light drizzle of bleu cheese dressing, good good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment