Thursday, August 30, 2012

summer salad



This feels like my final farewell to summer.

So much is gearing up towards October, specifically October 15th, and the start of a two week trip to Germany, that summer has flown by in a hasty way.  However, there is no mistaking the feeling you get in summer's anticipation and arrival.  The ripening of such beautiful produce, earlier this year than in previous year, is altogether rewarding.

One of my favorite ways to enjoy summer's finest flavors is to throw together a salad of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh basil from the garden, all marinated in a light balsamic dressing overnight.  It's so crisp, refreshing, sweet, acidic, and savory all at once.  Truly, this cannot be easier to prepare. (Ha! "Truly" I've been reading too much Charles Dickens).



I don't think I've expressed enough how excited I am for this immersion trip.  A trip of a lifetime!

Two months in Bischofsheim, Bavaria, Germany.  The hiking capital of the world, apparently.  Good thing I like hiking, but I need better shoes.  What a fabulous excuse!



I thank the readers who continuously check in on my blog, though I am often not great on updating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment