Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Poblano Gazpacho and Goals



I'm experienced a renewed sense of vigor with the mere identification of a goal.  It's wonderful.  Two basic things have been identified: Working all the damn time drains my creativity and makes me miserable (1).  I'm finally ready to go back to school to do my Masters (2).  Just identifying and recognizing these things has helped so much.

But what to do the Masters in?  This is a fun problem to have.  The original plan was music, but now the possibilities seem limitless, well almost limitless.  I'm really, seriously, pondering an MA in Photography.  Seriously.  Now the task is finding out just how qualified I actually am.

And as far as goals go, I've come up with a few more in my moments of inspiration.  I don't like to call them New Year's Resolutions because that seems so fleeting and boring.  And plus, I made them in December, so they are more like End of Year Resolutions, or maybe just Life Plan.  I'll stick with that.  They are really quite beautifully simple.

-Be more active!  Not go on a diet or lose weight or anything, just lead a more active lifestyle and enjoy nature a little more.

-Keep in touch!  Most of my friends live really far away, and we all lead such busy lives.  I miss them.  Let's fix that.

-Chase the Dream, whatever that may be! Seems cliche, I realize, but I have found myself settled lately.  I don't like it.  Who dreams of working in food service?  Though it has been a fabulous opportunity, I'm ready to get out and do something more meaningful.  It's time.

Oh yeah, about the soup . . .



Such a great fresh and smokey flavor is achieved from first roasting or sauteeing the vegetables.  It can be served hot or cold.

Poblano Gazpacho:


3 cups of poblano chili peppers, seeded, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
3 cloves of garlic (why not more?)
2 T unsalted butter
1 T flour
4 cups of chicken broth
3/4 t ground cumin


Sautee vegetables in a large pan (or roast in oven) until tender, about 8 min.  Stir in flour to thicken and cook 1 min longer.  Add chicken broth and cumin and bring to boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 min.  Process soup in blender or immersion blender until smooth.  Season to taste with salt.  Feel free to garnish with a dollop of sour cream on top!





No comments:

Post a Comment