Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January is Gone, Can You Believe It?

There are so many things that I haven't made the time to tell you.  And I'm not even sure if now is the right time...



First off, the start of my Master's Degree, of which I was so excited, has been postponed.  I could have, and maybe even should have, but I'm okay with it.  So far, at least.

On a lighter note, I'm still very much involved with the show.  La Dolorosa goes forward as planned!  Even more exciting, I have my first coaching tomorrow.  It will be nice to work with someone again.  I do miss the wonderful Dr. Elizabeth Graham.  What a woman.

The decision has led to greater responsibilities at work, and hopefully soon, greater recognition.  Stay tuned.  It's currently out of my hands, but I threw my name in the hat in dramatic fashion on New Year's Eve. 


The time to myself?  Good.
The other evening I had the wild hair to open up my Fauré book of melodié and sing through about 10 different songs.  It was nice.  Beautiful, even. 
Retail therapy has helped.

The time to myself. 


I'm currently eating some whole grain pasta covered in John's wonderful marinara sauce with pine nuts that I found in the fridge.  The pasta is a little past al dente, because, let's face it, sometimes I have the attention span of a squirrel.  And of course, it's smothered with cheese.  But it's delicious.  And soon to be gone.  A side note: Don't put the opened mozzarella in the same bag with the opened brie.  The moldy rind transfers.  Lesson learned.


I love Panera and the people that I work with.  I know many others that feel the same.  Here are a few shots from when I actually bring my camera in to work.






That last thing is a Cobblestone, by the way.  Our Cinnamon Raisin dough cut up and mixed with spiced apples and molasses, topped with struesel and white icing.  You wouldn't believe the speed in which I can rattle that line off when customers ask.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment