Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation and Grapes



Finally!  A chance to catch up on life.
 
John and I spent the last week in Florida visiting family, friends, former teachers, and former employers-- a rather busy ordeal.  Although we had to divide our time carefully it was nice to see everyone and feel how much we are already missed.  Nice indeed.

Now back in Columbia I have caught up on work and finally have a day off tomorrow.  Well, not really.  As part of my promotion I am overnight baking for the bakery- cafe.  I'm looking forward to creating so many beautiful pastries, but not to the 9pm- 5am graveyard shift. Oh well.

Before we left, and even when I got back home, I bonded with these grapes.  I would pluck them off and pop them in my mouth, add a pinch of Parmesan cheese, maybe swig some Chardonnay-- Heaven!  One night I even substituted it for dinner.  Now that's living.

No comments:

Post a Comment